During our first session together, I will take you through the client counsellor contract so you are fully informed and comfortable with how I work and what each of our responsibilities are. From here, we will begin to explore what you have come to therapy for.
Everything that is said in our sessions together is treated with confidentiality and respect. The only limits to confidentiality are the following;
- Risk of serious harm to yourself or others.
- Abuse to a vulnerable person.
- Legal issues regarding money laundering, terrorism or drug trafficking.
That’s okay. You get to choose what we talk about, how deeply we explore it and at what pace.
So far, I have never met anyone who needs fixing. My role is to help you explore your thoughts, feelings, behaviours, habits and experiences, in order to improve your mental and emotional well-being. I do this by helping you gain insight, perspective and clarity on whatever it is you are struggling with.
I offer a variety of locations where our sessions can take place;
- At therapy rooms in the centre of Manchester.
- Outdoors in parks and the countryside, including Trafford, Cheshire & the Peak District.
- Online via zoom.
- Over the phone.